B&B il Terrazzo
- "White Room" an intimate room with bathroom and breakfast
- "White Room" with kitchen
- Some glimpses of Civita di Bagnoregio, Orvieto, Bolsena, seen by the host of the B & B ... Mirco
The ancient Bagnorea today Bagnoregio, the birthplace of St. Bonaventure, was once connected Civita to a strip of land that despite earthquakes and devastation, still preserves the Romanesque-Gothic church of St. Augustine, St. Nicholas Cathedral with bell tower sixteenth and the interesting town hall.
On the border with Umbria, Civita di Bagnoregio is known as "the city that dies" due to erosion and landslides lenses of tuff rock on which the village was born. Connected to the mainland by a bridge, the village is the Romanesque church of St. Donat, the Renaissance buildings of Colesanti and Alemanni. Excellent tavernas where you can taste bruschetta and another accompanied by a good selection of wines. It is situated along the highway Cassia until Montefiascone to turn in the direction of Orvieto, or the A1 motorway exit at Orvieto. Bagnoregio is situated half way between Orvieto and Lake Bolsena.
° VI sec. earliest records of Bagnorea (this is the most ancient name), mentioned among the Italian episcopal sees. After the Roman Empire fell, Bagnoregio falls under the dominion of the Goths and the Lombards finally Charlemagne gave the Papacy. After the Frankish conquest a series of feudal lords took turns in power, among them the Monaldeschi who later became lords of Orvieto.
° 1348, an epidemic of plague (the one narrated in the Decameron by Boccaccio) reduces the town the shadow of itself: it is said that in one day we counted more than 500 dead
XII sec., Bagnoregio became a free municipality and underwent a period of prosperity and cultural vitality. Even attracted into the neighboring and powerful Orvieto, still he manages to maintain a relative autonomy.
° 1494, the Bagnoresi manage to destroy the fortress of the Monaldeschi, getting rid of the hated tyrants.
That same year they opposed the entry into the city of King Charles VIII of France, bound for Naples with his army. heroic act does not correspond however no recognition on the part of Pope Alexander VI Borgia, who two years later deals a major blow to the proud feeling of communal freedom instituting the Cardinals-governors regime, which would last until 1612, when Bagnoregio passes under the control of the Apostolic Delegation of Viterbo.
° 1695, a first quake, adding erosion destructive work, bears considerable town of Civita damage. ° 1794, a second earthquake destroys the narrow natural bridge connecting Civita to the outside of the township Rhota. At that point most of the inhabitants abandoned the hill and settled at Rhota, the sort district in the thirteenth century. and that today is the historic center of Bagnoregio.
° 1867, the first violent clash between the papal army and Garibaldi's volunteers goes down in history as the "Battle of Bagnorea". In 1870 Bagnoregio becomes part of the Kingdom of Italy.